Built: 1833

Freestanding three-bay single-storey former Methodist church, built 1833, with gabled entrance porch to front. Plaque above entrance lobby reading ‘WESLEYAN METHODIST / CHAPEL / A.D.1833’. Setback from road in graveyard with historic grave-markers.

Map Detail – Bailieborough 1911 – Ordinance Survey

The understated simplicity of this former church is characteristic of Non-conformist places of worship. Although no longer in use, it retains much of its fabric and character. It is a reminder of the historic religious diversity of the town, and is an important part of the social and historic urban fabric. The church forms an ensemble with the former manse to the west and graveyard to the north as can be seen in this 1911 map.