Built: Around 1830

A substantial nineteenth-century building distinguished by large bipartite sash windows and a traditional shopfront. The roofline and eaves detail with corbels omitted over windows is common to the neighbouring house, despite the non-alignment of floors and fenestration. The common features show that both houses were developed together, the differences may have been the result of different user requirements, or may be the result of a later realignment of the floors, which would also account for the lowering of the carriage arch soffit. The house is set on a long plot which is a defining feature of the historic urban layout of the town. The shared carriageway is an important feature of the houses, providing access to the rear yard for ancillary accommodation and deliveries, and adds to our understanding of the urban form and social history of the town. The house is an excellent example of nineteenth-century street architecture and forms an integral part of the urban landscape that makes up the Main Street.

This was the location of The Bailieborough Studio which was established in 1904 by James A. Coleman. At the time it was one of the largest photographic studios in Ireland. Many postcard images of the town were taken by James and later by his son Willie