Situated on a steep slope overlooking the town of Bailieborough. This was the first Church of Ireland parish church of Bailieborough which was in use around 1780 – 1840, and is situated within the graveyard, surrounded by masonry walls with a gate. In the Church of Ireland dispensation the parish of Bailieborough was formed in 1778 by adding 28 townlands from Killan parish to Moybologue parish, making a large parish which is principally in Cavan but partly in county Meath, and in Kilmore diocese (Lewis 1837, 99-100). This church was in use only for a short period as the present Church of Ireland parish church, which is nearby and further downslope in its own grounds, was under construction in the 1830s. The church is a rectangular structure and survives complete, except for the upper part of the NE wall, the base of which  is retaining the graveyard. The church has an apse with a single window, largely destroyed, in the South East wall. There were two large pointed window openings with brick surrounds in the South West wall, and at its West end is a large pointed doorway which leads directly from the much lower public roadway into a passage against the North West wall of the church. This passage was separated from the nave by a wooden partition, and a wooden stairs mounted to a gallery, the scars of which can still be seen. The gallery was probably only as wide as the passage below, but its North West wall had three pointed windows and a small brick fireplace. The floor level of the church interior is higher than that of the entrance passage.

Memorial to the Rev Charles Beresford in the Church of Ireland, Bailieborough

The grave of Rev. Charles Claudius Beresford, the Rector of Bailieborough who died in 1848 aged 37, is the only burial within the church.